A Life in the Theater

Hello out there! After much trepidation and false starts, I have finally created my own blog! With apologies to Lord Olivier, I'm naming this after one of his biographies because it seems appropriate enough to describe the kind of life I have had and hope to live. I am celebrating 30 years of work in the theater this year, and though I have also dabbled in the other arts, television and film mainly, it is my theater credits that fill most of the pages in my CV.

So what to expect from the site? Oh, plenty of memories. I've had the privilege of working with many of the theater titans in the country and have a lot of stories to tell. Plenty of behind the scenes anecdotes, especially about the work that goes on in the company I am in right now -- Tanghalang Pilipino (Philippine Theater). And I would be glad to hear from others out there who may share the same interests. Ok, even if we don't. I'd still be happy to engage or start conversations about theater, film, relationships, life, and such other worthy pursuits (he he he).

There. The first step has been taken.

"To remember and to sing, that is my vocation." Bitoy Camacho, in Nick Joaquin's Portrait of the Artist as Filipino.

Dennis

Comments

Carlo said…
looking forward to reading your future posts!
welcome to the blogworld. babasahin kita.
Unknown said…
Hi Dennis,

Keep them coming. I've bookmarked your blog. Very interesting posts.

Congrats!

Joel
Csimons said…
Hi Dennis,
Glad you decided to do this. You have such rich background which will surely be interesting reading. Looking forward to it!

Charo
Carlo, Mandaya, Joel, and Charo: Thanks for the encouragement. I have too many topics to write that the problem is deciding which one to write first. Looking forward to hearing more from you, though.

Dennis
Unknown said…
Looking forward to rerading more of your musings on contemporary theater and cultural work tidbits -the kind of meanderings that amuse, move and provoke us to revisit our assumptions about what we love doing most.

Elmar

Popular posts from this blog

TWENTY-FIVE LANDMARK PLAYS OF PHILIPPINE THEATER

"HUBAD" and "THE PALANCA IN MY MIND" return for the Virgin Labfest

Susan Valdez is in town