Can INSIANG be really better than LION KING?

I got the following in my mailbox today, and I thought I should share it with readers of this blog.

“You gotta watch the play directed by Chris Millado – once more he has outdone himself. I didn’t know it was kinda x-rated so I brought along my 16 year old daughter T. and her two friends. But what a revelation! It was the best thing for them to learn about the facts of life and issues of premarital sex, abuse, rape, etc. I thought I was in the play myself being so near the characters! My daughter remarked that she rates it as good as Broadway’s “Lion King”! Say what? Coming from a stage enthusiast she might just be right. The set is fantastic , can’t believe it was a stage – thought I was really there where it was happening! Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!!! - Carmen Prieto

‘This is your chance to imagine, to feel, to watch, and to ‘live’ with Insiang! We’ve seen it and we’re in awe! And yes, we’re watching it again! And you should watch it too! A different kind of experience in the theater world, Insiang will surely make you want for more. It’s light-hearted and heavy at the same time, but it’s not for the faint-hearted!” - AJ

“There are many things that make this play unique. The stage design alone is a marvel – a three-dimensional set spanning the whole room with a runway downcenter . . . The shanties are two to three levels high and Insiang's home, in particular, had action going on at both floors. . . Sex is often a topic that is censored in public entertainment. The sex scenes in this play were very well executed and artistically done. Be prepared for lots of grunts, groans, and partial nudity. Not even masturbation is taboo. Fights with fists, knives, guns, and home appliances, not to mention sexual assault, battery, and domestic violence. And let us not forget the most prevalent violence of all – verbal abuse. The amount of cussing in this play made me flinch but I realize that this is a depiction of real life.” - Slvrdlphn

Tanghalang Pilipino's production of Mario O'Hara's Insiang directed by Chris Millado is on its last weekend with performances at 8pm on Friday til Sunday (October 12-14) and 3pm on Saturday and Sunday. (October 13-14). Ricky Davao, Mailes Kanapi, Mae Paner and Peewee O'Hara lead the cast, with Sheenly Vee Gener as Insiang.

For show info login to:www.brighteyedboys.com/insiangThe Official "INSIANG" Website

TICKETBOY ADVISORY
Oct. 12, 8pm Available
Oct. 13, 3pm Few Seats Available
Oct. 13, 8pm Few Seats Available
Oct. 14, 3pm Available
Oct. 14, 8pm Available

visit
www.tanghalangpilipino.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWENTY-FIVE LANDMARK PLAYS OF PHILIPPINE THEATER

"HUBAD" and "THE PALANCA IN MY MIND" return for the Virgin Labfest

Susan Valdez is in town